One of the first steps of setting up a digital presence for your business is starting your social media pages. And the first step of setting up your business social media accounts is making sure they are created as business profiles. Here's how to do so:
How to make sure you're setup as a business account on Instagram
- Open Instagram and hit the settings gears.
- Select account.
- Scroll down to the bottom, if you see "Switch to Personal Account" then you're setup as a business. If you see "Switch to Professional Account" then you're not so select "Switch to Professional Account" and follow the prompts from there.
How to create a business page on Facebook
- Sign into your own personal Facebook account (don't worry this won't be shown on your business page).
- Select "Pages"
- Select "Create Page"
- Enter your business information and make sure your correct market is selected.
How to create a business page on Pinterest
- Log into your personal Pinterest account
- Click the top right arrow and select "Add account"
- Under "Create a free business account" select "Create"
Let us know your favorite social media platform for your business in the comments!
Owner/Founder STAK Marketing
Michelle Johnson is the owner, founder and Chief Marketing Guru at STAK Marketing. Our passion at STAK Marketing is to create beautiful STAKs of marketing strategies that help small businesses grow and reach their goals. STAK Marketing's expertise ranges from SEO to branding, e-mail marketing to social media management, PR to advertising and much more - making STAK Marketing a one-stop-shop for all your small business marketing needs .